Wide-reaching networks support your care
Dr Wafa Samen’s surgical expertise and cultural understanding stems from her deep connections with both the medical and Islamic communities. She frequently travels to national and international conferences to learn the latest insights and techniques, and she is a Fellow of the Arab Board of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.
- Australian Arab Medical Association
- Fellow of RANZCOG (Royal Australian and NZ College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Fellow of Arab Board of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Fertility Society of Australia
- IVF Australia Fertility Specialist, part of the leading fertility group in Australia.
- UNSW Master of Reproductive Medicine (2009 – 2010)
- Mosul University, Iraq, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MB ChB), Obstetrics and Gynaecology (1978 – 1983)
As a Registrar and Visiting Medical Officer Dr Samen has often taken responsibility for training programs, including Senior Residents and Registrars, local GPs and midwives. She has given lectures to the Australian/Arabic Medical Association, and supervised teaching sessions, tutorials and exams for medical students undertaking MRANZCOG exams.